WHAT IS WEB DEVELOPMENT?
Web development, sometimes called web programming, is the maintenance and building of websites, which entails all the work that goes on in the front-end and back-end by a remote full-stack web developer to make a website look appealing, work fast and perform optimally with a seamless user experience. It can also involve activities leading to the creation of dynamic web applications. Less often than not, it might include strategic actions needed to ensure proper ranking on search engine results. In the web development process, we have web content development, network security configuration, client-side/server-side scripting and web design, among other tasks. The field of web development is basically divided into front-end, which is the user-interface side, and back-end, that is, the server side.
WHAT IS THE FUNCTION OF A WEB DEVELOPER?
In other to carry out web development, the services of a web developer or a remote full-stack web developer has to be employed. We shall highlight the importance of a remote full-stack web developer, but first, we will look at the functions of a web developer, which includes;
- Using standard software development practices to write efficient, testable and well-designed codes.
- Using the best CSS/HTML practices to create website layout and user interfaces.
- Integrating information from different back-end administrations and information bases.
- Performing or directing website updates.
- Identifying issues uncovered by customer feedback and testing, and correcting the problems or referring such to appropriate personnel for proper correction.
- Back up files gotten from websites to local directories for recovery.
WHY WOULD YOU CHOOSE A REMOTE FULL-STACK WEB DEVELOPER
As you well know, a website comprises of a front end and back-end and as such, web developers can either be:
- Back-End Developers; who maintain and build the technology needed to power the components that enable the user-interface side of a website to exist. The codes they run on the back end adds utility to everything the front-end developer creates.
Remote full-stack web developers are more diversified as they take care of both the front-end and the back-end with knowledge of how the web works on all levels, in order to determine the relationship between the server and client sides. Working up to this level of expertise will naturally take longer because there is more to learn.